UP govt sends back Saini before her arrival, cancels transfer
Lucknow: The transfer of 2005 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Manzil Saini, who was announced to be posted as senior superintendent of police (SSP) Lucknow in the recent bureaucratic reshuffle, has been cancelled.
The decision to post Manzil in Lucknow was taken by the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday evening and he took to twitter to announce this. Later, the CM’s tweet was deleted and information ran rife that her transfer was cancelled.
“I was informed about the cancellation of my transfer after midnight and was asked to stay back in Etawah,” confirmed Saini in a telephonic conversation with newztrack.com.
Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) Javeed Ahmad's tweet confirming the transfer:
Lucknow to get its first lady police chief. Ms Manzil Saini is the new SSP.
— Javeed (@javeeddgpup) May 16, 2016
- She came to light after she cracked the notorious Amit Kumar kidney racket in 2008.
- She was posted in Etawah on the same designation.
- Manzil is a science graduate and a gold medallist from the Delhi School of Economics.
- She had worked with private firms for nearly three years before joining the elite Indian Police Service (IPS).
- She was the only married women IPS officer with a kid in her batch.
- Saini was also selected as the best athletic officer of her batch.
- Manzil got her first posting as additional superintendent of police (ASP) Moradabad after two years of training.
- She is the first lady SSP of Lucknow.