UP to get 24x7 power supply; MoU signed by state and Centre
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Friday announced to provide 24x7 power supply to all in the state for which a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the state government and the Centre under the “Power for all” scheme.
The decision was taken on the occasion of Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar's 126th birth anniversary. After waiving off the farmers loans, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has taken another step forward towards keeping up its poll promise.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Union Minister of State for Energy (Independent Charge) Piyush Goyal, Uttar Pradesh Energy minister Shrikant Sharma and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
To address the power related complains of the people of the state, Shrikant Sharma announced 1912 helpline number at the beginning of the program.
"The UP government is committed to provide 24-hour electricity to every house. The Power for All MoU has been materialized because of the good understanding between the Centre and the state government," he said.
Launching an attack on the previous Samajwadi Party government, CM Yogi Adityanath said, "Power for All scheme was scheduled to be launched in 2014, but the earlier government did not sign on the pact."
He further claimed that the government will ensure that by 2018, the district headquarters get 24-hour electricity, while Tehsil and villages are provided 20-hour and 18-hour electricity, respectively.
What the CM Adityanath said?
- Power for All scheme was actually prepared in 2014.
- Former Samajwadi Party government had deliberately ignored the scheme to not give credit to the Centre ruling BJP government.
- UP government will give power to all by 2018.
- Prior information will be given through SMS, if there would be a power supply.
- People in UP can register their complaint at redressal number 1912.
- Smart Metre will be installed to stop electricity theft.
- Surcharge on pending bills will be waived off. Part payment options will be made available.