House construction to be more expensive in UP, tax on cement
Lucknow: To own a house in Uttar Pradesh will be dearer as the state government on Monday raised the tax on cement by one per cent.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting of state cabinet headed by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. The tax on cement will mean the house construction will be more expensive.
Other proposals cleared by the Cabinet:
- The cabinet, however, provided some relief to the people by announcing to open dialysis centres on PPP model in each of the 18 divisions in the state where the patients can have free of cost dialysis.
- The UP government decided to give jobs to kins of 1200 employees of UP state Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) who died during their service.
- Gave nod to Panchayati Raj Institute of training besides amending the Panchayati Raj bylaws. .
- Shamshabad nagarpalika in Agra district upgraded.
- Detailed Project Report (DPR) of Kanpur Metro cleared and sent the proposal to the Centre.