Maurya resigns making corruption charges against Mayawati
Lucknow: Levelling serious corruption charges against Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati, the leader of opposition in Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha Swami Prasad Maurya, resigned from the party.
In a hard hitting statement, Prasad minced no words while accusing Mayawati of 'selling party tickets'. Dubbing her as 'Daulat Ki Beti, he said the BSP supremo had converted election ticket distribution into an industry and tickets are allotted on tender basis.
“Being the general secretary of BSP, I feel suffocated as 'Behenji' is selling the dreams of Babasaheb Bhim Rao Ambedkar and Kanshiram. I am resigning from this party,” said Maurya at a press conference in Lucknow on Wednesday.
What else he said:
- The tickets were sold in 2014 Lok Sabha polls and last panchayat elections in UP.
- Same thing was being repeated for 2017 UP assembly polls.
- Mayawati has been strengthening Bharatiya Janata Party instead of her own party
- She is not 'Dalit ki Beti', instead she is 'Daulat ki Beti'.
- I have support of many MLAs.
- Will talk to the people who had left BSP and then decide the strategy.
- I will also speak to party men before moving ahead.
Earlier, senior leaders like Jugal Kishor and Akhilesh Das also left the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) levelling same charges.