Student leader levels serious charges against varsity admin
Allahabad: In an ‘open letter’ addressed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, president of the Allahabad University’s student union Richa Singh has alleged that mismanagement and corruption are rampant in the university.
The letter, issued on Friday, has ignited a fresh dispute between her and the varsity administration.
Soon after the letter was published, Richa received a legal notice by the university administration, asking to prove her allegations.
The dean of student welfare Professor Harsh Kumar said if Richa would fail to bring evidences justifying her accusations, the administration would be bound to take action against her.
What Richa alleged in the letter:
- Women are not safe within the university as the people appointed by the administration are tainted ones.
- Corruption has given rise to financial irregularities in the university. A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe should be carried out to expose them.
- A large number of students could not appear in the entrance examination due to negligence of the university.
- Students belonging to the Dalit community and other backward classes are facing discrimination.
- The Students as well as the staff are fed up with the dictatorial attitude of the university’s proctor.