What? Sports Minister said ‘M Ali’ was Indian boxer from Kerela
Thiruvananthapuram: Sports Minister of Kerela E P Jayarajan has become a trending topic on social media platforms after a video, in which he mourns Muhammad Ali – the American Boxing legend, went viral on Saturday.
The minister has been trolled on social media for calling the deceased boxer ‘the pride of Kerela’, who had brought gold medals to the state.
“I just heard about Muhammad Ali’s death in America and I was really saddened to know that. He was a prominent sports personality of Kerela and had brought many gold medals to the state from across the world. I express my condolences,” said the minister when he was asked to react on Ali’s death by an anchor of Manorama News television channel.
- The video is doing rounds on several social media platforms.
- The incident took place when Manorama News channel called the minister during their special broadcast on Muhammed Ali.
- For Jayarajan, Muhammed Ali was legendary sports person of Kerala.
- It took no time for the Malyalees to troll the minister on social media platforms.
- He was being called a replacement of former minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan, who was often in news for mispronouncing names of celebrities.