SP leaders arrested ahead of PM Modi's visit to Lucknow
Lucknow: Once bitten, twice shy. The Uttar Pradesh police seems to have been working on this age-old saying ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's two-day visit to state capital on Tuesday.
In a bid to avert the PM's security breach on the lines of what was witnessed few days ago when the convoy of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was stopped and he was shown black flags, the police has arrested , as a precautionary measure, two senior Samajwadi Party youth wing leaders.
SP youth wing President Digvijay Singh Dev and Vice President Monu Singh have been taken into custody on apprehension of mischievous activities during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit. It was on June 7 last when the UP Police and officials had to face embarrassment as about 15 students, in an unprecedented manner, had jumped in front of the CM's convoy and hurled black flags to him and also raised anti-government slogans.
Taking no chances, the security machinery has used intelligence inputs to make precautionary arrests.
- PM Modi will reach Lucknow on Tuesday evening.
- He will inaugurate the new building of the Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI)
- PM will then reach AKTU to inaugurate the building of APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University.
- He will reach the CM residence at 5 Kalidas Marg to attend dinner with select dignitaries before leaving for Raj Bhawan for the night stay.
- On Wednesday morning, Modi will reach the Ramabai Sthal for yoga day event at 6:30 am.
- After the event, he will leave for Delhi at 8.00am.
Tight Security ahead of PM's visit:
- Over 12,000 security personnel have been deployed.
- CM Adityanath and Governor Ram Naik inspected the security arrangements ahead of PM's visit.
- An elaborate security cover will be in place with commandos and para-military forces keeping a close vigil in and around the venue.
- Over 400 CCTV cameras have been installed at the Ramabai ground.