All other parties will end up as ‘also ran’: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow/Kaushambi: Dismissing all the political claims viz-a-viz prospects of ruling Samajwadi Party in the next assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said on Saturday that his party had no potential rival as of today.
“SP remains numero uno in the state and will be on the top in the next elections as well,” he asserted while inaugurating a four lane high-way in Mooratganj in Kaushambi district of the state.
Making light of the statement of Bharatiya Janata Party national president Amit Shah that the saffron party would give a tough competition to SP in UP, Akhilesh said his party faced no competition from any quarters whatsoever.
What else he said:
- Samajwadi Party is going to come again in power in Uttar Pradesh.
- SP is the number one party in UP.
- All pro-people welfare programmes launched by SP government will not go waste.
- Gone are the days when the people were misguided by communal overtones of the BJP.
- People of the state have come to understand importance of development and that is where SP excels.
- The UPites are prepared to discard ‘caste politics of BSP and ‘communal card’ of BJP once again.
- Voters are now an enlightened lot of people fully realising which party is doing good to them.
- All the parties other than SP will end up with a tag of ‘also ran’ while Samajwadi Party will emerge as a clear winner.
It may be recalled that Amit Shah, in a media interaction, on Friday, had said that Bharatiya Janata Party was leading the pack in Uttar Pradesh and poised to give fierce competition to the ruling party in next assembly polls.