Ram Gopal Yadav name found in Yadav Singh diary: CBI
Lucknow: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), probing into DA and corruption case of tainted UP engineer Yadav Singh, has found the name of Samajwadi Party(SP) senior leader Professor Ram Gopal Yadav, in the diary found in his possession. However, Prof Ram Gopal Yadav has denied any links whatsoever with tainted Yadav Singh.
The investigation agency has found the names and telephone numbers of many other politicians in the 62-page documents, sources close to the agency revealed. On the other hand, Ram Gopal Yadav has refuted any contact or relation with Singh.
- Name of Akshay, son of Ram Gopal Yadav has been linked with Yadav Singh.
- It has been alleged that Akshay purchased Singh’s company at a throw away price.
- CBI has booked Singh under sections 409,420,466,467,469,481 and anti-corruption law.
- Yadav Singh was quizzed many times before his arrest.
About the case:
- Tainted former Chief Engineer of Noida Development Authority Yadav Singh was arrested by the (CBI) on Wednesday last over corruption charges.
- Singh was earlier summoned by the CBI for questioning in adisproportionate asset case.
- He is considered close to ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) government of Uttar Pradesh and was facing serious corruption charges.
- Cases under section 409, 420, 466, 467, 469, 481 and under Prevention of Corruption Act were registered against Yadav.