SI recruited via horizontal reservation to be ousted: Alld HC
Allahabad: In the case related to the recruitment of 4010 Sub Inspectors, the Allahabad High Court on Friday ordered to shift the candidates, who were accommodated in the general category on account of horizontal reservation, to their original cadre.
A bench of justices UC Srivastava and VK Shukla passed the order by refusing special appeal of the state government and other candidates.
From the previous hearings:
- Earlier, the court had found the recruitment of women and ex service men through horizontal reservation as wrong.
- A special appeal was pleaded before the court by the candidates and the state government.
What is the case?
- 4010 Sub Inspector Recruitment result was declared on March 16, 2016.
- Few candidates have used whitener in their copies and hence the matter shifted to court.
- 410 candidates, who used whiteners in the answer sheets, were ousted and results were declared through fresh procedure.
- The matter again went to court as it was alleged that 173 backward class and 10 Schedule Caste candidates were recruited on general seats via Horizontal Reservation.