Shia Waqf Board alleges SSP Meerut for helping Vijay Mallya
Lucknow: The chairman of Shia Central Waqf Board Wasim Rizvi, on Tuesday alleged Uttar Pradesh government and Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Meerut for helping liquor baron Vijay Mallya in selling waqf’s land to the SAB millers illegally.
SSP Meerut did not take action:
- Rizvi alleged that Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Meerut Dinesh Chandra Dubey, refused to register the case against Mallya.
- Alleged that Dubey would have been in profit for not registering the FIR.
- The matter came to notice on January 22, 2016 and District Magistrate issued the notice but no action was taken by the police.
- Gave application to the police hundreds of time for registered the case, Rizvi alleged.
- What was the reason behind not shifting Dubey from the district, he asked.
The land issue:
- According to Rizvi, the United Spirits Limited (Mallya’s company) is manufacturing liquor on 11 bighas of land in Kankarkheda of Meerut district in Uttar Pradesh.
- The Waqf board issued a notice against Mally when the matter came to notice.