Sheila Dixit may be UP congress CM candidate
New Delhi: Former Delhi Chief Minister and senior Congress leader Sheila Dixit advised party president Sonia Gandhi to take a call on the chief ministerial candidate for Uttar Pradesh before the assembly election to be held next year.
“ Much time is not left for the party . The party President should decide on the name of party face for U P as soon as possible. It should also decide the chief ministerial candidate for Punjab where election is to be held next year,” said Shiela on Friday in New Delhi.
This statement should be read in the context of media reports that the party was considering Shiela a CM candidate in Uttar Pradesh,
What Sheila said?
- I am ready to take any responsibility party assign me.
- Vidhan Sabha elections in Punjab and Uttar Pradesh are very important for Congress.
- Shiela is the daughter-in-law of former UPCC leader Umashankar Dixit.
- Umashankar Dixit was a Union Minister as well as Governor.
- Shiela can be the Brahmin face for the Congress and she has an experience of 15 years as the Chief Minister of Delhi.
- She also held a meeting with Party Chief in New Delhi on Thursday.
- Poll strategist Prashant Kishore advised for a Brahmin face in UP.