Shame:Dalit rape victim faints in police station,police unmoved
Banda: The women in Banda district of Uttar Pradesh have laid siege at Naraini police station after police refused to lodge FIR of a Dalit woman ,victim of a gang rape.
Such was the insensitivity of the police that the victim got fainted while narrating her woes but of no avail as the police Circle Officer Rakesh Mishra was adamant of initiating the FIR only after the probe into the allegation.
- A Dalit woman accused one Ashish Sagar, the coordinator of a NGO, and his accomplice of raping her on Saturday night.
- She alleged that they were demanding money from her to get her a house under Loyiya Awas Yojana.
- On refusal to give money ,they barged into her house and raped her.
- They also threatened to kill her if she raised an alarm.
Role of police
- The victim woman and other women activists reached Naraini police station to lodge FIR.
- They were denied it despite the victim fainted in the police station.
- Women gheraoed the police station and raised anti-police slogans
- Police showed no mercy towards rape victim.
- No senior officer was forthcoming to comment on the issue.