Shame! A male guard to fulfill sanitary needs of female inmates
Lucknow: In another sensational revelation related to the Uttar Pradesh government girls protection home, it has come to the notice that inmates have to ask male guards for their sanitary essentials.
The newztrack.com in its investigation has found that a male guard has been deployed at the protection home situated in Moti Nagar of Lucknow city in Uttar Pradesh. The poor girls have to ask males to get them sanitary napkins and even undergarments.
What AIDWA says?
Shiva Mishra, the member of young committee of All India Democratic Women Association (AIDWA), have alleged that this practice was against the normal etiquettes if not the gender propriety.
- it is deplorable that the girls have to ask Ashish (male guard) for their sanitary needs.
Shiva Mishra, further alleged that the teacher assigned for teaching the inmates are also not qualified.
They ask for bribe:
A girl, recently, in a letter to a judge had complained that she was not allowed to meet with her husband even after she became adult and her husband was asked for bribe every time he came there to meet her.
Read this also: Two maids found pregnant in girl protection home in Lucknow
Quality of food:
- The girl, who had written the letter, also complained about the quality of food and claimed that younger girls are forced to consume the food that is refused by elder ones.
No medical test before transfer:
- No medical test is conducted on girls before transferring them to other districts.
- The girls, who were found pregnant, were transferred to Rae Barelli without any medical test.
- It is compulsory to get the medical test done before transfer or admission of any girl.