Sandeep Kumar proved disloyal to AAP, says Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: A day after sacking former Aam Aadmi Party minister Sandeep Kumar, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday said he had betrayed the party’s trust and confidence.
In a video message, Kejriwal said:
- We took immediate action against our own minister.
- AAP is the sole hope of the entire country and Sandeep had belied its hope.
- We did not defend his act or tried to justify it, unlike other parties.
- In a CD received via one news channel, Sandeep Kumar was caught doing a wrong thing, and we immediately removed him from the Cabinet.
Coming down heavily on Bharatiya Janata Party and Congress, he said:
- BJP and Congress have several ministers who have indulged in scams and controversies but they did not take any action against them unlike us.
- BJP even today defended Shivraj Singh Chouhan for Vyapam scam and Vasundhara Raje for Mining and Lalitgate scam.
- Congress leaders such as Captain Amarinder Singh’s family members have Swiss Banks accounts but no action has been taken against him. Instead he has been made Punjab’s in-charge.
Kejriwal said AAP is not willing to tolerate any such element and he has asked Manish Sisodia to even take strict action against him if he is found guilty.
Sandeep Kumar uses Dalit card:
- Expelled AAP leader Sandeep Kumar said he is being targeted as he is a Dalit.
- He has asked for a probe into the matter.
Sandeep Kumar said:
- This is a conspiracy against me as I belong to Valmiki Samaj.
- I am hurt by watching the video on television. There is no authenticity of this CD. Authenticity should be checked.
- I am the only dalit face of the party. I have been popular among dalit community, that's why a conspiracy has been hatched against me.
- Someone has said the video is two months old and others that it is three months old.
- Without knowing my side, the media is showing things. My family is with me. I am not afraid of such controversies. I am a loyal person and can sacrifice anything for my community.
- It is the history of this country that whenever we have tried to rise, we have been suppressed. It is entirely a conspiracy against me and there should be an inquiry into it.
Also read: Sex Tape Leak: Kejriwal removes cabinet minister Sandeep Kumar