Rigzin Samphel appointed as the Special Secretary to UP CM
A 2003-batch IAS officer, Samphel was also among the top officials during Samajwadi Party government and has also served as the District Magistrate of Jalaun district in Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh in year 2002
Lucknow: As the first appointment in the Chief minister secretariat , Rigzin Samphel, on Friday, was appointed as the special secretary to the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
A 2003-batch IAS officer, Samphel was also among the top officials during Samajwadi Party government and has also served as the District Magistrate of Jalaun district in Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh in year 2002.
About Rigzin Samphel:
- Born in 1982, he is a 2003-batch IAS officer.
- Hailing from a royal family of Ladakh, Samphel is a commerce graduate from SRCC and an MBA from Delhi University.
- He has served as the DM of Jalaun district in Bundelkhand region and Behraich district of UP among many others.
- As DM of Jalaun, he introduced the system of paying National Rural Employment Guarantee Act salaries directly into the bank accounts, and making the implementation of the scheme easier.
- In 2008, his development work got ‘The Economist’ to call him one of the "hardest working bureaucrats in the world". He also received an award from the Ministry for Rural Development for the best NREGA implementation, the same year.
- The IAS offficer believes in mixing bureaucratic powers with business management skills to bring relief to the poor and is usually found among the villagers.
- He is one of the DMs famous for listening the problems of the villagers and help them find innovative solutions.
- The newly appointed Special Secretary believes in not only painting the life of the have-nots with bright colours but also to change the landscape of poverty zones.