JNU protest had the support of LeT chefi Hafiz Saeed: Rajnath
Allahabad: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday said that students who raised anti-national slogans in the Jawahar Lal University(JNU) campus few days ago, had got the support of terrorist group Laskar-e-Taiba(LeT) Chief Hafiz Saeed.
Singh said that the government has ordered and inquiry and strict action would be taken against those found guilty of vitiating the communal atmosphere of the country. He appealed Congress and other opposition parties not to make it a political issue and show any sympathy to those indulging in anti-national activities.
Rajnath acts strict:
“Strict action will be taken if anyone questions the unity and integrity of the country and raises anti-national slogan,” Singh had said earlier in Balrampur on Friday.
Student leader of JNU arrested:
Delhi police on Friday arrested Kanhaiya, student leader of the JNU, on sedition charges.
About the incident:
- A programme was organised in JNU campus on Tuesday last.
- Anti-national slogans were raised in the programme against the hanging of Afzal Guru, a terrorist who was involved in the attack on Parliament.
- JNU administration had cancelled the permission to hold the programme but the defiant students went ahead with the event.
- According to media reports, Delhi police may be asked to probe into the matter.
- Local police suspected a terror link in this connection.