Rahul Gandhi to live his father's dream of visiting Hanuman Garhi
Ayodhya: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi will create history on Friday by becoming the first member from the Nehru-Gandhi family to visit the Hanuman Garhi temple in Ayodhya since the demolition of disputed structure in 1992.
Rahul will offer prayers at the Hanuman Garhi temple at 10.00 in the morning.
Why is Rahul Gandhi’s visit important?
- In the year 1990, Rajeev Gandhi had visited Ayodhya but despite his strong desire, he had failed to visit Hanuman Garhi temple.
- He was assassinated next year on May 21, 1991.
- Rahul is believed to be visiting the temple to fulfil his father’s wish.
- Meanwhile, it is still unclear whether Rahul will visit the Ram Janambhoomi which is just a kilometre away from the Hanuman Garhi.
Rahul’s further plans:
- Rahul will also seek blessings from Mahant Gyan Das, who is known for his anti-Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) approach.
- Congress leader will hold a roadshow in Faizabad on Friday evening.
- Rahul on Saturday will lead a rally in Mulayam Singh Yadav’s parliamentary constituency Azamgarh.