PM Modi takes a pot shot at UPA government over MNREGA
Bareilly: Taking a pot shot at the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government’s Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) scheme, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said that no one knew about this scheme a year ago as it was mired in corruption and confined to few people.
Claiming that a lot of transformation has been done to this scheme, he also urged the state governments to use MNREGA funds for water supply in rural areas.
- I have never come to Bareilly but have heard about 'Jhumka gira', 'Manjha' and 'Surma'.
- Farmers are the pride of this nation.
- Farmers are facing many challenges these days.
- Farmers are not sure that whether they will be able to save land for their generations to come.
- These challenges can be converted into an opportunity.
- No one comes to help farmers after God.
- Made an appeal to state governments to give priority to agricultural sector.
- Can we pledge to double the income of farmers by 2022.
- Agriculture infrastructure is getting an impetus. We have allocated lot of resources to Sinchai Yojana.
Showered praise on Madhya Pradesh CM:
- Madhya Pradesh was never known for farming.
- MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh's effort has made the state stand tall in agriculture sector.
- MP is on the top of list for agriculture production since three years.
Agriculture and economy:
- Our basis of development is based on three pillars; agriculture, manufacturing and service sector.
- Agriculture sector stands for one third of Indian economy.
- Industries are important for the development of farmers.
Dividing farming in three parts:
- Farmers today want at least one member of their family to take up another job because they know that the family cannot sustain on agriculture.
- Time has come to divide farming into three parts.
- We have made efforts to bring in reforms in agriculture through science
- Cannot we plant trees on the borders of our fields?
- A tree costs at least Rs 30-40 lakh which are enough to wed our daughter.
Stressed on livestock farming:
- Animal farming should also be given a priority.
- We have broken records by producing 1465 tonnes of milk in the last 18 months of this government.
- I am worried about the condition of Bundelkhand.
- This government is giving utmost priority to water management.
- We are working on former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayi's dream of linking the rivers.
- We can get away from the problems of drought and flood by doing so.
- Have asked to use the funds of MNREGA for water in rural areas.
- We should pledge for water conservation.
- Urged youths to rain water harvesting through indigenous ways.
- Soil Health Card has been started by this government to know about the condition of soil.
- It will help in improving the quality of our land.
- Government is working on providing good quality certified seeds at low prices to the farmers.
- No Chief Minister of India has written me a letter for getting Urea.
- The government is doing a neem coating of the urea which will reduce the use of fertilizer.
- Black marketing of urea has been stopped.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Beema Yojana:
- We have started Pradhan Mantri Kisan Beema Yojana to protect our farmers.
- This is the best of schemes prepared by this government.
- Urged farmers to use this scheme.
- More than 90 per cent will be paid by the government in this scheme. 2 per cent for Rabi crop while 1.5 per cent for Kharif crop.
- We are working on an agriculture e-platform which will be launched on April 14 on the occasion of birth anniversary of Babasaheb Bheem Rao Ambedkar.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi made India proud in the world.
- Have come to Bareilly after a long time.
- Farmers are not just 'Annadata' but 'Janmdata' of social reforms.
- We should stand with farmers during their hard times.
- Uttar Pradesh government did not compensate farmers who suffered nature's wrath.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is very sensitive on issues related to farmers.
- Samajwadi Party government is eye washing on the issue of compensating the farmers by saying that Central Government did not provide funds.
- The crop insurance scheme will start from upcoming Kharif season.
- PM Narendra Modi assured social and economical protection to the farmers.
- The production of manure will increase to 17 lakh metric tonnes by next year.
- Every person will have a house by 2022.
- This Government is capable of giving befitting reply to anyone who tries to attack dignity of nation.
- Asked farmers to gift Bareilly's famous 'soorma' (Kajal) to SP, Bahujan Samaj Party and Congress so that they can see the work of PM Modi.
- We do not have any right to exploit our nature by using excessive fertilizer.