PM Modi announces new health scheme for pregnant women
New Delhi: Prime Minsiter Narendra Modi on Sunday announced a free health scheme--Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matratve Abhiyaan, in order to keep a check on the health condition of pregnant women.
Modi, in his 22nd edition of radio talk show Mann Ki Baat, expressed his concern over the mortality rate and urged the doctors, especially gynaecologists to start a free medical camp on 9th of every month for pregnant women.
Ready to turn postmaster for conveying wishes to Indian athletes:
- It is the responsibility of Indians to encourage our athlete participating in Rio Games.
- The government organised Run for Rio to encourage them.
- These athlete and their parents work so hard to achieve their goals.
- We wish every Indian athlete all the best for Rio Games.
- I am ready to turn postman for conveying your wishes to our athlete.
"Shuru hui lalkaar khelo ki, pratiyogito ki bahaar, kehlo ki is bahaar me Rio ke Mahakumbh mein Bharat ki aisi suhuraat ho Shone chandhi aur kaansya ki baarish ho.... ho nishana shone pe... na ho niraash ho khone pe... karodo dilo ki jaan ho.... rio me dhwaj lehrao.., recited the poem sent by one Suraj from Madhya Pradesh. Science and Technology:
- Remembers former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
- We cannot catch technology and research, innovation are the base of changing technology.
- The government is working for innovation and research.
- The government is trying to create a technological enviroment in the country.
- The government is starting the Atal Tinkering Labs for which a grant of Rs 10 lakh will be given.
- More than 13,000 schools have applied for Tinkering labs.
- Stresses on starting new incubation centres.
- We need to use technology for solving the problems and the government will encourage one who comes up new idea by giving a cash price.
Flood and Health:
- State government and the Centre is working to provide relief to flood victims.
- We can save ourselves from diseases like Dengue and others by taking small measures.
- We should resist in taking anti-biotics without the advise of doctors.
- Complete the course of medicine.
- Expressed concern on the mortality rate.
- The government has started Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matratve Abhiyaan.
- Pregnant women will get free doctor advice in government hospitals on 9th of every month.
- Lakh of doctors have written to me for giving free treatment to pregnant ladies on 9th of every month.
- One who plants tree attains nirvana.
- Stressed upon planting trees and gifting saplings in ceremonies like wedding and others.
- Urged farmers for Timber farming as it will decrease the import of timbers in India.
- Several states like Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat are participating in this initiatives.
The South Africa visit:
- It was a pilgrimage for me.
- Remembered leaders like Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela.
- Travelled in the same train which made Mahatma Gandhi from Mohan Das.
- Met many leaders who sacrificed their lives, youth for the betterment of coming generation.
- Discussed about the renovation of the Aligarh railway station by AMU students.
- People must keep away from false SMS, emails promising huge profits on invest.
- Urged citizens to gift PM insurance scheme to sisters on this Rakshabandhan.