SP has most female ministers but UP women feel insecure, says PM
The Prime Minister launched a scathing attack on UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and said, "When he was appointed as the CM in 2012 there was a hope of betterment as he represented himself as a promising youth leader but he disappointed the people of the state. Unhone bhi Nirash kar diya
Ghaziabad: Attacking the Samajwadi government here, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Wednesday, said that the family which has most number of female ministers in the country are unable to provide security to the women of their state. The Prime Minister said that the SP provides shelter to the goons and this is the the sole reason for maximum number of crime cases being reported from the state.
"UP has 40 thousand cases reported under Arms Act but the government has paid no heed to the law and order situation," stated the PM further saying that if for once the SP oust politicians who shelter Gundas (goons), the safety of women will automatically be ensured.
The Prime Minister launched a scathing attack on UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and said, "When he was appointed as the CM in 2012 there was a hope of betterment as he represented himself as a promising youth leader but he disappointed the people of the state. Unhone bhi Nirash kar diya, UP ka vinash kar diya," said the PM.
Pointing at the rallies hosted by Akhilesh Yadav, Prime Minister Modi said in Ghaziabad that instead of attacking the Centre for ten minutes, UP CM should educate people for 5 minutes about the work they did for the state.
Video: PM Modi speaking in Ghaziabad...
What else he said in Ghaziabad:
- Uttar Pradesh has the potential to become 'Uttam Pradesh', the need is to have good governance.
- Congress is itself a sinking ship. It has looted the country and is now planning to plunder UP. Samajwadi Party could have look up to better options to join hands with.
- UP government has neglected the farmers of the state.
- UP has highest youth population, but least employment.
- SP has filled the state with communal feelings.
- Some people are in a problem because of my fight against black money and corruption, even after so many days they still talk about it.
- Undertook this fight against corruption so that people especially the poor and youth get their rightful and money can be used for their welfare.
- I had warned the state government to close doors for the corrupt population but one needs to have courage and dedication to do so.
- The farmers of the state are not getting their dues.
- Our aim is to make rural India smoke-free. We have launched the Ujjwala Yojana and are providing gas connections to the poor.
- For 70 yrs, 18000 villages did not have electricity and most cases belonged toUP. We have taken up work of electrification in mission mode.
- We have undertaken welfare measures for sugarcane farmers, but why is it so that UP government has not been able to look after them?
- Those who treat UP farmers as their vote banks purchase only 3 per cent of the total agricultural produce.