No developmental work by MP; Bundelkhand villagers write to PM seeking permission for mass suicide
Mahoba: Enraged over the lack of development by BJP Member of Parliament (MP) Pushpendra Singh Chandel, under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Scheme, the residents of Pipramaf-Pathari have penned down a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking permission to end their lives.
The villagers have named a dog as ‘Sansad ji’ in protect against the no development work.
- The village comes under the Kabrai developmental block.
- There is no power, road or infrastructure in the village.
- The condition of roads deteriorated in the monsoon.
- There are no roads in the village.
- Hundreds of villagers have migrated to other places.
- There was capriciousness in the village after Chandel adopted it.
- There is no hospital in the village.
- The conditions of school in the village are very poor.
What villagers say ?
- We have talked to concerned officers but the dialogues were of no use, says one Janak Parihar.
- Our kids have to go school through mud during the rainy season, says Akanahsa Richariya.
- Drains have become runnel, one can hardly bear the stench coming out of it, he added.
- The villagers have written many letters to their MP and concerning officers.
- The villagers protested by sitting on a hunger strike at the collectorate.
- The Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) was launched on 11th October, 2014.
- The aim of this scheme is to translate the comprehensive vision of Mahatma Gandhi about an ideal Indian village into a reality.
- Each Member of Parliament adopts a Gram Panchayat and guides its holistic progress giving importance for social development at par with infrastructure under this scheme.
- The ‘Adarsh Grams’ are to become schools of local development and governance, inspiring other Gram Panchayats.
- Village Development Plan is prepared under the leadership of Member of Parliament.
- State Level Empowered Committee (SLEC) reviews, suggest changes and give priority allocation of resources.