Police, panchayat ask rape victim to shut case with Rs. 40,000
Shahjhanapur: A disgusting decision has been given in the Panchayat in Shahjhanapur of Uttar Pradesh, where a rape victim was asked to hush up the case by taking Rs. 40,000. Most upsetting part was the presence of police during the decision as they have called the Panchayat after receiving the complaint.
Denying accepting the money, the family has claimed to commit suicide if action has not been taken by the police.
The whole matter-
- A minor has been raped several times after being threatened by the criminal Changa in Pulwayan area.
- When family came to know, all arrived at the accused man’s home.
- Girl’s family was beaten by the family of the accused and the hand of girl’s mother was fractured.
- When police was informed about the incident, Circle Officer (CO) and Station Officer (SO) called Panchayat.
- Panchayat ruled the decision to accept Rs. 40,000 by not extending the case further.
Victim’s family said-
- Police and former Prime of village are pushing us to accept the offer.
- No any officer is taking action in this very issue.