Police complaint against Sakshi Maharaj over controversial remark
Meerut: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Sakshi Maharaj has come in trouble after a police complaint was filed against him on Saturday for his controversial population control remark.
The BJP MP from Unnao, Sakshi Maharaj, had on Friday said that women are not machine and four marriages, 40 children and triple divorce are not acceptable.
Also Read: Now 23-year-old girl molested in Bengaluru
Taking cognizance of his remark, the Uttar Pradesh Election Commission sought a report from the Meerut District Magistrate earlier in the day on Saturday.
The police complaint against Sakshi Maharaj has been registered under IPC section 298 among others.
What Sakshi Maharaj had said?
- Why cannot I be the CM face of the BJP for the UP assembly elections 2017?
- People (Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh Yadav), who have failed to manage their family, can never run a state.
- Strict rules should be set to end culture of Triple-Talaq.
- Woman is not a machine. Four wives, 40 children, three divorces, all this is not acceptable.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the face of BJP for the assembly elections in the state.
- Top hierarchy from the party will elect a Chief Ministerial face.
- BJP will fight elections in the state under the guidance of PM Modi.
- Ram Mandir is not on BJP's agenda for the upcoming assembly elections.
- Ram Mandir is already constructed but we will make it more magnificent.