Police cracks Teotia attack case with arrest of four shooters
Ghaziabad: With the arrest of four shooters, the Uttar Pradesh Police on Wednesday claimed to have solved the case relating to attack on the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Brij Pal Teotia.
Those arrested are identified as Rahul Tyagi (26), Ram Kumar (25), Nishant Singh (25) and Jitendra alias Pope (40).
What the IG, Meerut Zone Sujeet Pandey said?
- Teotia’s two cousins - Manish and Manoj had conspired the killing of BJP leader
- They hail from Teotia's native village Mahrauli under Kavi Nagar Police Station of Ghaziabad
- They hired all the four sharp shooters to take revenge over the killing of a family member 17-year-ago
- The case against Teotia, who was the main accused, was closed by the police in 2001
- Eight persons involved in the crime are still on the run
- Both Manish and Manoj have confessed their crime
What was the case?
- The car in which Teotia and his private guards were travelling was attacked by four shooters on August 11 near Gang Nehar police post
- Nearly 100 rounds were fired from automatic weapons
- Teotia sustained six gunshots
- He is recovering at Noida’s Fortis hospital