PM Modi, India gear up for International Yoga Day
Chandigarh: India will observe nearly one lakh Yoga camps on International Yoga Day on Tuesday. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lead the Yoga celebrations at Capitol Complex in Chandigarh along with 30,000 participants - 10,000 each from Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana.
Ministers from Modi’s cabinet and other BJP leaders will lead Yoga camps at various places across the country. President Pranab Mukherjee will embrace yoga exercises at Rashtrapati Bhavan in which around 1,000 persons will take part.
The United Nations General Assembly had declared June 21 as the International Yoga Day on December 11, 2014 following a resolution moved by India and co-sponsored by a large number of nations.
Below are the highlights on International Yoga Day
• Ramdev’s Patanjali Yogpeeth will observe a mass yoga event in Faridabad
• Several world records would be set at Ramdev’s yoga camp
• Over one lakh people are expected at the event which would the largest ever such congregation
• BJP president Amit Shah will be the chief guest Ramdev’s event
• Yoga events has been organized in the national capital majorly in Connaught Place, Lodhi Gardens, Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) and Dwarka
Several ministers from Modi government to lead Yoga camps across India
• Rajnath Singh will participate in an event on International Yoga Day in Lucknow
• Manohar Parrikar will practice Yoga exercises in Kanpur
• Cabinet minister Kalraj Mishra and Maneka Gandhi will embrace Yoga in Varanasi and Pilibhit respectively
• Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu will attend Yoga camp in Vijayawada
• Commerce minister Nirmala Sitharaman will attend an event in Ghaziabad
• Cabinet Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will practice Yoga in Meerut
• Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to perform yoga exercises in Mumbai
• State Rail Minister Manoj Sinha will visit Gorakhpur to perform Yoga along with people
• Cabinet Ministers Sanjeev Balyan and Sadhvi Niranjan to attend an event in Muzaffarnagar and Allahabad on International Yoga Day
• UP BJP head Keshav Prasad Maurya will address a Yoga Day programme in Allahabad
• Piyush Goyal to attend yoga event in Raipur