PM Modi chooses Gorakhpur to revive magic in eastern UP
Lucknow: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to use his old magic to win over the voters in the eastern part of Uttar Pradesh again during his next visit to Gorakhpur on July 22. A Samajwadi Party strong-hold, the region had overwhelming supported his party in the last Lok Sabha election.
Besides disclosing some new schemes he may announce re-opening of the fertilizer factory which has remained closed for over 25 years. Official sources told newztrack.com that PM will also lay the foundation stone for an AIIMS hospital in the city.
Dark history of Gorakhpur fertilizer factory
- Cabinet, in the year 1990, had decided to reopen the factory.
- Fertilizer factory was closed 25 years ago due to a major accident.
- Several prime ministers since then gave assurances to re-start the factory’s operation but nothing happened.
- In the year 1998, the then PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee took several steps in favour of the fertilizer factory.
- As many as 4500 people had become unemployed due to the sudden closure of the factory.
- The fertilizer factory has 1400 acres of land.
Fresh start of the Fertilizer factory
- Fertilizer Corporation of India (FCI) will ensure the functioning of the factory.
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry will supply gas to the factory.
- The fertilizer factory will restart at a cost of Rs 6,000cr.
- Urea manufacturing will begin in next three years.
- Factory will manufacture 13 lakh tones of Urea every year.
- Nearly 2 crore farmers will be benefit once the factory becomes operational.
Importance of AIIMS in UP
- Uttar Pradesh urgently needs a super speciality hospital like AIIMS.
- Eastern UP is densely populated with around 5 crore people.
- It is more like a country than a part of the state.
- Encephalitis cases are on the rise in eastern UP and hence, AIIMS like hospital is need of the day.
- The disease has taken 40,000 lives in UP. Majority of them are children.
- State government plays a blame game with the centre . None has taken proper steps in this regard.
- Patients from Gorakhpur, neighbouring cities and even from Nepal will benefit from a multi-speciality hospital.
PM Modi will also visit Gorakhdham
- PM Modi will unveil the statue of Mahant Avaidyanath.
- The BJP’s strategy is to expand its vote bank in eastern UP.
Importance of Gorakhpur for BJP
- Gorakhpur is considered to be a stronghold of the Samajwadi Party.
- Modi, during the last Lok Sabha elections had made a strong presence.
- PM Modi’s ‘56 inches chest’ claim was made in Gorakhpur for the first time.
- Modi may re-use his magic during his visit on July 22.