Police suspects personal enmity behind attempt to Teotia's murder
Ghaziabad: Even as Condition of Brijpal Teotia continues to be serious the Ghaziabad police has taken into custody several suspects. Additional Director General (Law and Order) Daljit Chaudhary, who visited Fortis Hospital in Noida where the BJP leader is admitted, said the Police was basically working on the theory of personal enmity behind the crime.
Separate teams have been set up for the investigation, he added.
The police has also taken into custody, wife of a history-sheeter Rakesh Hasanpuria, who was killed in a police encounter in 2003. There were rumours that Brijpal Teotia had helped the police in this regard.
One Fortuner vehicle with Uttarakhand registration number has also been seized by the police.
Meanwhile General VK Singh, Union Minister and a local MP also visited Teotia in the hospital on Friday morning.
- Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Brijpal Teotia and along with eight others had sustained serious bullet injuries when his car was attacked by AK-47 equipped criminals in NCR few kilometers from the national capital on Thursday evening.
- The BJP politician was in his Scorpio car.
- The criminals sprayed bullets on Teotia’s vehicle for over five minutes at the Rawali Road area of Muradnagar in Ghaziabad district of Uttar Pradesh.
- The criminals managed to flee away from the spot.
- Teotia was rushed to Fortis hospital and his condition was stated to be critical.