Anti-socialists running shops in name of cow protection: PM Modi
New Delhi: While addressing the gathering at the first ever 'Townhall' style event in India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday made it clear that he was enraged at people running business in the name of cow safety.
Modi has asked the state governments to prepare a dossier of all such people.
What Narendra Modi said?
- People indulge in anti-social activities in the night and chant for ‘cow protection’ in day
- Few people are self-styled “gau rakshaks” and some are really concerned
- Narendra Modi said that more cows die by consuming plastic than by slaughtering
- Campaigning against the use of plastics will be a big service to the welfare of cow
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) governments at the Centre and across states have been facing criticism from the opposition parties after various attacks on people by cow protection vigilantes.
- Four Dalit youths were flogged by cow vigilantes near Gujarat's Una town on July 11
- Two Muslim cattle herders were killed by a local cow protection group in March 2016 in Jharkhand
- Two Muslim women were beaten up last month in Madhya Pradesh on suspicion of carrying beef