Peepli Live co-director Farooqui convicted in a rape case
Mumbai: A special fast track court on Saturday convicted Mahmood Farooqui, co-director of Bollywood movie Peepli Live, for raping a 35-year-old American woman in 2015.
- The court will decide on the quantum of sentence on August 2.
- The victim, who was doing research work in eastern Uttar Pradesh, was introduced to Farooqui by her friend.
- Victims told the court that Farooqui threatened her of dire consequences if she resisted rape.
- On the other hand, Farooqui denied the allegations and accused the victim of having a ‘disturbed mind’.
- The incident had happened on June 28 last and a chargesheet was filed in this connection by Delhi police on the next day.
- Farooqui was convicted under Section 376 (punishment for rape) of the Indian Penal Code.