State legislature party will decide the Chief Minister, says Mulayam
Lucknow: Making light of the comment of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh yadav that he would go to assembly election campaigning all alone, the Samajwadi Party Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav sought to remind him that the party got votes in 2012 on his face.
Sending across a strong message to his son amid ongoing family tussle, Mulayam made another significant announcement ahead of next assembly elections that there would be no Chief Ministerial face before the poll results. “The party parliamentary board will decide on the name of Chief Minister,” he declared thereby making it clear that Akhilesh was not a pre-announced CM face for the party.
The conflicting statements of father and son further broadened the rift within the party, his assertion that ‘all is well’ within the party and family notwithstanding. He went on to say even Akhilesh was not aware beforehand that he would be the Chief minister while asserting it was he (Mulayam ) who made him the King.
What else Mulayam said at a press conference?
- Shivpal Singh Yadav is party in charge.
- There is no rift in the family.
- No conflict took place in the three generations and the same will continue.
- Gayatri Prasad will be the coordinator of the Silver Jubilee celebrations of Samajwadi Party which will take place on November 5.
- RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav had opposed when my name was forwarded for Prime Ministership in 1998.
Also read: I will go into assembly election campaign all alone: Akhilesh Yadav