Opposition creates ruckus, stalls Governor joint address
Lucknow: Members of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and Congress on Friday created a ruckus in the joint session of Uttar Pradesh Assembly during the address of Governor Ram Naik.
Even after the appeal of Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik to leaders of all the political parties to listen to his address patiently in the joint session of both the houses, members of BSP and Congress interrupted his speech by displaying banners and raising slogans of -Governor Go Back.
Highlight of Governor’s speech:
- Centre did not give even half of the relief sought by UP government.
- UP govt providing relief to farmers by their own treasury.
- Limit of contingency fund increased to provide relief to the farmers.
- Sugar price fell due to faulty policies of centre.
What Opposition said:
- Opposition raked up the issue of law and order, and communal incidents.
- Government has done nothing for the farmers.
- Most of the canals are dry in the state.
- Condition of Bundelkhand is very bad.
- Issue of debts of cane farmers was also raised.
- SP and BJP are one, said Congress leader Pradeep Mathur.
- There is no law and order in the state, said Naseemuddin Siddiqui,BSP
Watch few more pictures: