Nitish Kumar throws challenge to Akhilesh Yadav once again
Kanpur: Tossing up a challenge for Uttar Pradesh government once again, Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar said Akhilesh Yadav should muster courage to ban liquor in the state.
“ UP CM Akhilesh Yadav should take a leaf out of Bihar book to realise and understand how useful will be complete prohibition here,’’ he said while addressing a Janta Dal(U) rally in industrial city of Kanpur. Look at the women and families in Bihar who were so happy after the ban on alcohol, he claimed.
Nitish went on to say that the escalating crime graph in the state could also be checked if prohibition was imposed in Uttar Pradesh . “ You only require courage to take such a decision,’’ he told Akhilesh.
Nitish Clarifed on Prohibition law in Bihar
- People are creating unnecessary confusion about prohibition laws in Bihar.
- It is wrong that the gram pradhan or the entire village will be booked if liquor is found in any household.
- The head of the family is liable to receive punishment if liquor is recovered from his house.
Target RSS and BJP
- Nitish minces no words in criticizing Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh(RSS) Mohan Bhagwat for his ambiguity about cow protection ideology.
- Why RSS and BJP persons wear leather shoes and sleepers because these are made from cattle skin.
- The RSS should run ‘shakhas’ for the protection of cows rather than inviting youths there.
- Instead of cows, RSS should be concentrating more on prohibition to clean the society.
- BJP indulged in ‘double speak’. Apparently, they supported prohibition but walked out of Bihar Vidhan Sabha on this issue.
On Modi government
- Will anyone tell me, which of the poll promises has been fulfilled after two years of Modi government, Nitish asked.
- Modi had promised to bring black money back in few months but it is still a dream.
- He promised that there will be Rs 20 lakh in account of every person but it also proved to be an illusion.
On Akhilesh government in UP
- The biggest state of the country has under mismanagement for donkey’s years.
- Please stop political experiments and show faith in JD(U).
- UP is too important state to be left in inefficient hands.
Unemployed people go for Kanwar Yatra: Sharad Yadav