Top

Neglected by IVRI, electrocuted monkey succumbs to its injuries

By

Published on 1 May 2016 12:54 PM GMT

Neglected by IVRI, electrocuted monkey succumbs to its injuries
X
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

Bareilly: After many states came up with sensitive policies about animals, an injured monkey on Sunday died after being neglected by the Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) – country’s premier advanced research facility in the field of veterinary -- in Bareilly city of Uttar Pradesh.

Some locals were shocked to know that there were no doctors available in the emergency room of IVRI, which is located at Izzatnagar area of Bareilly, when they took the electrocuted monkey at the Veterinary centre for treatment on Saturday last. Other staff members of the research institute asked them to return when doctors were available.

"IVRI was devoid of facilities to treat the injured monkey," said one of the locals.

Disappointingly, the people, who had taken the injured monkey there, had no choice except leaving IVRI. Eventually, they tried to treat the monkey on their own, buying medicines and ointments. Deprived of proper medical care, the poor creature could not fight with its life for too long and died a day after the incident.

Highlights:

  • An animal food-shop owner namely Pammi Chauhan kept the wounded monkey at his house but later, it died.
  • A ward boy of IVRI told that the doctors usually leave the centre by 1300 hrs.
  • The incident sparked a public backlash on Facebook when Chauhan posted the injured monkey’s pictures and its story on the social network.

Next Story