PM Modi visits J&K for first time after Mehbooba became CM
Katra, Jammu: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Tuesday distributed cards for free medical treatment to the people of Katra in Jammu and Kashmir. It was the Prime Minister's first visit after Mehbooba Mufti took over as the first woman Chief Minister of the state.
- Narendra Modi while addressing public stated that the villagers of the state should be thanked for supporting government and giving up their lands for the construction of hospital.
- He said that the residents must feel proud that their property is being utilised for curing people.
Jammu-Kashmir can increase tourism:
- Jammu-Kashmir has the capability to increase the country's tourism.
- The PM said that the state has the potential of increasing health care tourism of the country.
- "The state has improved in infrastructural facilities.Roads and railways are developing at faster pace and very soon we will be able to develop ha comfortable way to reach Leh Ladakh, which would help in doubling the tourism of the nation," said the Prime Minister.
- The Prime Minister said that the state has a close relationship with former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpeyee and he has always worked for the state's development.
- "Atal Bihari Vajpeyee alwaya said that Jammu-Kashmir can flourish with the help of 'Insaniyat, Kashmiriyat and Jammuriyat' (A blend of Humanity and Kashmiri culture)," stated Modi and added that the present government has mixed the former PM's ideology with the development schemes to create a better infrastructural facility in state.