Another Expansion: VIKAS is 'Vidyut', 'Kanoon' and 'Sadak', says PM
Aligarh: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, nowadays, is trying to give a new meaning to every possible abbreviation in order to attract the electorate in the Uttar Pradesh in the ensuing assembly elections in the state. After elaborating the word SCAM, the PM, on Sunday, gave a new meaning to VIKAS (Development) of the state.
Relating the development with Roads, electricity and law the PM said, "VIKAS (Development) for me is V for 'Vidyut' (electricity), K for 'Kanoon' (law) and S for 'Sadak' (roads).
While addressing a massive public gathering in Aligarh district in Uttar Pradesh, the Prime Minister attacked the UP government over electricity issues. "Aligarh's famous locks are now used to lock factories in Aligarh itself because the government in Lucknow doesn't provide electricity," Modi said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rally addressal started with an attack on Uttar Pradesh Chief Minsiter Akhilesh Yadav. He stated that Bharatiya Janata Party is a storm that would uproot the ruling CM from Uttar Pradesh.
The PM said that BJP has created a storm of development and bright future in the country. "When there is storm every one searches for support and the same is the case with the UP CM. He is trying to get support to save himself from getting uprooted in the BJP cyclone and that is why he has joined hands with the Congress," stated Modi.
"SP and Congress have not get together to win the elections, they have joined hands in fear of BJP. They are worried because if BJP comes to power in the state, there will be laws which would expose every corrupt of the UP," he said.
The Prime Minister was addressing second public rally of Bharatiya Janata Party, on Sunday, at the city’s Exhibition Ground in Aligarh ahead of the ensuing assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh.
What else the PM said:
- I promise that we would never let any anti-national force stand in the path of country's better future
- Undertook this fight against corruption so that people especially the poor and youth get their rightful and money can be used for their welfare.
- I had warned the state government to close doors for the corrupt population but one needs to have courage and dedication to do so.
- If for once you oust politicians who shelter gundas, the safety of women will automatically be ensured.
- The farmers of the state are not getting their dues.
- Our aim is to make rural India smoke-free. We have launched the Ujjwala Yojana and are providing gas connections to the poor.
- For 70 yrs, 18000 villages did not have electricity and most cases belonged toUP. We have taken up work of electrification in mission mode.
- We have undertaken welfare measures for sugarcane farmers, but why is it so that UP government has not been able to look after them?
- Those who treat UP farmers as their vote banks purchase only 3 per cent of the total agricultural produce.
- In a day 650 crimes, 24 rapes, 21 rape attempts, 13 murders, 33 kidnappings, 19 riots and 136 thefts happen in UP. This is just the data which is in records of the police files.
- UP does not needs SCAM, it needs Kamal (BJP)
It was the second out of the 12 scheduled public gatherings to be addressed by the PM in the poll bound state and all seven BJP candidates from Aligarh were present at the event.
It could be recalled that in his last rally at Meerut, dubbed as the 'Shankhnaad' of the BJP ahead of the UP polls, the Prime Minister had attacked Congress, Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Paarty by addressing them as the extended version of SCAM. "SCAM stands for Samajwadi party Congress, Akhilesh yadav and Mayawati," he had said.