Najma Heptullah threatens to sit on dharna over Waqf property
Lucknow: Union Minister of Minority Affairs Najma Heptullah on Saturday threatened to sit on dharna over the issue of Waqf properties in Uttar Pradesh.
“The Uttar Pradesh government is not providing the details of Waqf properties worth Rs 1.5 lakh crores. I will sit on dharna if the government will not provide the details,” Heptullah said while talking to media persons.
Targeted Uttar Pradesh government:
The Union Minister during her day long visit to the state capital targeted the Samajwadi Party (SP) government of Uttar Pradesh for neglecting the minority community.
- The Central government is providing a fund of Rs 2,000 crores for the education of children.
- She alleged that UP government did not give the utilization certificate of the amount which had resulted in the delay in further release of funds.
What else she said:
- The minority department gives scholarship to 86 lakh students.
- 30 per cent of the seats in this have been reserved for the female category.
- More than 25,000 students have been trained under the skill development scheme.