Mulayam Singh Yadav unaware of SP's constitution: Ram Gopal Yadav
Lucknow: Reacting over the expulsion of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and his own, Samajwadi Party former General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav on Friday said party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav is unaware of the party's constitution.
"Akhilesh and I were never involved in any act of indiscipline. Expelling anybody from the party without hearing all sides is wrong, " said Ram Gopal.
What else Ram Gopal said post-expulsion?
- Emergency meeting can be called anytime.
- The whole procedure was exercised in an unconstitutional way.
- I come forward when it comes to meet non-Yadav voters.
- I come Lucknow very rarely.
- I am still a National General Secretary of Samajwadi Party.
Akhilesh supporters have gathered outside his residence here in order to show their support while several supporters of him indulged in any protests outside Mulayam's residence. An Akhilesh supporter also poured kerosene on himself in a bid towards self-sacrifice.
Other parties also began to react over two major surprise expulsions:
- The feud will left SP decimated in the coming days and party would get vertically divided in all districts: Sudhindra Bhadoria, Bahujan Samaj Party.
- Congress has nothing to do with the spat inside Samajwadi family. Congress would be benefited following the division of SP: Pramod Tiwari, Congress.
- SP is a family-centered party, if the family breaks up, party also falls apart: Shrikant Sharma, Bharatiya Janata Party.
Shivpal Yadav, in a letter, said that whoever will attend Ram Gopal's meeting on Sunday, would be expelled from Samajwadi Party.