'Public' exposes UP ministers in front of Mualyam, Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav was once again at the receiving end from party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav who minced no words in bashing the ministers for their apathy towards the public.
In fact, it was an embarrassing moment for Akhilesh when the conduct of his ministers was exposed by the 'public' much to the shock and discomfiture of Samajwadi Party president.
The occasion was birth anniversary of late SP heavyweight Janeshwar Mishra and the venue was also the park named after him when Mulayam asked the people gathered there if the ministers used to meet them regularly. The answer was emphatic 'No' which followed an angry glance of Mulayam towards the CM and it told the story.
- It was not the first time that Mulayam engaged in the criticism of his son's government.
- This time, however, the concern was deeper as the party seeks re-election in the state in 2017 polls.
- Mulayam reiterated that the land grabbing by the Sp supporters had to be stopped.
- The SP chief, in a way, admitted that party is not above board as far as the clean image of the party is concerned.
- The Ministers and party officer bearers have to have clean image and then only the party is going to establish its credibility.
- Came down on the national parties especially the ruling Bhartiya Janata Party for creating confusion among then electorate. "Do not get afraid of the criticism in the politics but keep your house clean," he advised.
- Mulayam commented that only plan the Centre is making is for forming the government in Uttar Pradesh not about development.
- He asserted that people look up to his family and five members in Lok Sabha is testimony of this fact.
A lot has been said about public bashing of Akhilesh by Mulayam on several occasions in the past that it is a protective ploy of 'Netaji" to save his son from others. It also seems right in the way Akhilesh reacts to his barbs - by 'smiling' despite seriousness of the issue.