Mohanlalganj Rape Case: Court orders life imprisonment for guard Ramsewak
Lucknow: The Fast track court, on Saturday, awarded life imprisonment to the accused in the infamous case of 2014 rape and murder of a woman at Balsingh Kheda village in Mohanlalganj here.
The Additional Court Judge Anil Kumar Shukla held Ramsewak guilty in the case and sentenced him to life along with fine of Rs 13,000.
The case had raised a lot of hue and cry after the nude body of a woman was found with multiple injury marks on head, face and private parts.
What was the case?
- Woman's nude body was found near a handpump at a government school in Mohanlalganj's Balsingh Kheda village on July 16, 2014.
- It was suspected that she was gangraped and brutally murdered.
- A police complaint was filed in the case on July 17, 2014 at Mohanlalganj Police Station.
- 12 wounds were found at the woman's body.
- Police arrested five people in connection with the case.
- Police had on July 20, 2014 cracked the case by arresting the key conspirator Ramsewak.