PM Modi may try to conciliate Dalits during his Gorakhpur visit
Gorakhpur: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is scheduled to visit the Gorakhpur city of Uttar Pradesh on Friday, will possibly try his best to conciliate Dalits, who are peeved at former BJP leader’s derogatory remark against Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati, during his rally in the city.
It may be mentioned that as many as 49 districts of UP have maximal number of Dalit voters. Moreover, the Minority Morcha of BJP had distributed flowers to Gorakhpur residents and invited them to attend the Premier’s rally a day ahead of it.
The Premier’s Gorakhpur visit is primarily aimed at delivering two of his promises made during the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, revival of fertiliser unit and setting up All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) hospital. Also, PM Modi will unveil the statue of Mahant Avaidnath and address a saint conference at the Gorakhnath temple.
Also Read: Abusive Dayashankar: BSP to hold protest against BJP in Lucknow
PM Modi’s complete schedule:
- 10:45 am: Arrival at airport
- 10:50 am: Leave via Air Force helicopters
- 11:10 am: Land on the helipad near fertilizer complex
- 11:25 am: Reach Gorakhnath temple
- 12:00 pm: Reach fertilizer complex
- 12:05 pm: Underpin the AIIMS campus which is to be made in the complex of fertilizer factory and sugarcane research institute
- 12:15 pm to 1:15 pm: Rally
- 1:50 pm: Reach airport
- 1:55 pm: The aircraft will return to Delhi
Also Read: DM Raj Shekhar assures Dayashankar arrest, BSP calls off Dharna