PM indicates 'Achche Din' for Jan Dhan account holders
In a reply to the opposition's attacks over his demonetisation policy, Modi said that I am a 'Fakir' who does not posses any wealth and would not be bothered if they take whatever I have. ( Jyada se jyada kya kar lenge, arey hum toh fakeer aadmi hai, jhola leke nikal lenge ). I have given power to the common man, said Modi and
Moradabad: In a stern warning to black money holders, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday announced that his government was mulling ways and means to take action against those who have deposited their black money in Jan Dhan accounts.
Going a step further, the PM advised Jan Dhan accounts holders not to withdraw the money as the government would evolved away how this money remained in their accounts as their own money. " I am finding ways to put such people behind the bars who are guilty of stashing their black money into the Jan Dhan accounts of the poor."
The PM also urged the poor people that," don't touch that money,if the corrupt people insist on taking their black money back tell them furnish the proof or we will be writing directly to Modi".
Sharing empathy with those who are standing in bank queue and facing hardship after demonetisation, he said that he was alive to their problems and thanked them for their perseverance and faith in the government. "You may have been in the queues for all these years and now also but I promise you that this is the last queue you have to stand in",he said while making it clear that this last queue was necessary to put an end to all queues.
''I have taken up an onerous task of removing corruption from the country, ''he said adding '' I will not deviate from this came what may.'' Modi said it was most unfortunate that some vested interests were criticising him for this which was hard to comprehend.
Taking a dig at the corrupted people of the country, the PM said, "While People used to say money money earlier, they have started chanting Modi Modi now."
Country needs to get rid of poverty
Addressing a Parivartan Rally in the district of Uttar Pradesh ahead of 2017 assembly elections, PM Modi said that the country needs to get rid of poverty and if one has to eradicate this evil from the nation, it is essential to develop big states like Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Maharashtra.
PM said, "I have not fought from Uttar Pradesh only to become a MP but wanted to initiate a fight against poverty from this huge state."
I have fulfilled my promise of providing electricity to the people of Moradabad in half of the days I had asked from you,
PM attacks opposition
The PM further said ,"I do not have a high command, no minister above me. I only report to you, the people", said the PM while addressing the gathering.
- I made an announcement from the Red Fort that villages will be electrified in 1000 days, only half of the time has passed and and we are fulfilling the promise
- I urge the people to opt mobile banking instead of running behind cash.
- Narendra Modi also praised the brass industries of the district stating that they had marked their presence all over the nation through their hard work.
- I want to thank the people of Moradabad for extending their support to the BJP during the 2014 elections.
- So many governments made so many announcements so many times; We have devoted our focus towards accountability.
- This country is against corruption but it had become helpless..
- I assure you people that I won't let your hard work, your sacrifice, your struggle go in vein.
- There are more than 40 crores smart phones in the country and more than 65 per cent people are youth so why can't smart phones be used for banking.