Surprise !! Menaka cites example of Sonia to curb corruption
Pilibhit: It was when the Union Minister and daughter-in-law of Nehru-Gandhi family Menaka Gandhi remembered her sister-in-law Sonia Gandhi at an official meeting.
The issue was corruption and the example she gave was of the Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Corruption in BSA office
- Menaka Gandhi was taking meeting of monitoring committee as Member of Parliament from Pilibhit Lok sabha seat.
- There were a lot of complaints about corruption in Basic Shiksha Adhikari office.
- She told the BSA AMbrish Kumar Yadav to transfer all corrupt clerks.
- She was told that it was within the powers of Additional Director(Basic).
Example of Sonia Gandhi
- Menaka may be not in best of the terms with Sonia but remembered her action worth emulating.
- She told the meeting that one of the relatives of Sonia had a board outside his shop which said ''this is the shop of Sonia Gandhi's relative''.
- Sonia brought out a print Advertisement which said ''do not go to this particular shop.''
Advised to take Sonia' example
- Menaka told the Basic Education officers to bring out similar ads.
- Write this is no corruption office.
- Install Close Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras and expose the corrupt.
Watch the video here