Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi expresses gratitude to soldiers on Deepawali
New Delhi: Wishing entire nation a very happy Deepawali, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday expressed gratitude to soldiers saying there sacrifices are deeply touching. PM Modi, who was addressing the 25th edition of Mann Ki Baat, said Deepawali is a global festival which gives us the message to walk towards light shedding the darkness behind.
What PM Modi said at Mann Ki Baat?
- Deepawali is also connected to cleanliness as everybody cleans their homes on the festive day.
- Festivals depends on the mood of the people, not always on the mood of the moon.
- The festival of lights also stands for the eradication of all forms of darkness including poverty,illiteracy,superstition and social evils.
- Deepawali is a festival of the supremacy of light over darkness.
- People shown their love by sending messages to soldiers.
- Media also played a part to express gratitude to soldiers.
- It is because of Indian Army, Navy and Air Force that we are celebrating Deepawali joyfully.
- They are guarding us and we are proud of them. They are sacrificing lives for us.
- People's response to Sandesh to Soldiers is phenomenol. It gives strength to countrymen and inspires soldiers.
- People also expressed emotions on Narendra Modi app and My Gov App.
- In Gujarat, over 150 municipalities and corporations have declared themselves Open Defecation Free.
- Haryana declared 7 districts Open Defecation Free.
- Now, Himachal Pradesh is Open Defecation Free after Sikkim.
- Kerela is becoming Open defecation Free on November 1; this is the third such state.
- Supplying kerosene to houses that already have LPG and electricity, gives opportunity to middlemen to exploit the system.
- I want to commend Haryana government for taking up mission to make the state kerosene free.
- 7-8 districts in Haryana already kerosene free; soon, the entire state expected to achieve the same.
- Stopping kerosene use will not only stop corruption, but will also benefit environment and foreign currency.
- PM refers to Mahatama Gandhi's talisman; says time demands that rising aspirations of poor are fulfilled.
- We must come out of our orthodox thinking and remove disparity between sons and daughters.
- Mission Indradhanush is a unique programme that targets children who are left out of immunization.
- Aadhar based Direct Transfer of Benefits has mitigated problem of middlemen and private money lenders.
- We must all guard our country from divisive tendencies.
- October 31 marks the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel and death anniversary of Indira Gandhi.
- Sardar Patel played an important role in consolidating freedom movement in villages.
- It is a lesser known fact that Sardar Patel envisioned Amul.
- After Chanakya, Sardar Patel worked for the unification of the nation.
- It is the duty of every generation to uphold India's unity.
- Kartik Purnima celebrated as Prakash Parv/ birthday of Guru Nanak Devji.
- His teachings are guiding principles for humanity.
- Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas is based on mantra of non-discrimination.
India offers to buy 200 ‘Made in India’ fighter jets