Video: Do not confine Babasaheb as messiah of dalits: PM Modi
New Delhi: Giving an air to dalit politics ahead of assembly elections in Assam, West Bengal, Punjab and Puducherry, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday urged political leaders and people of the country not to confine Dr Babasaheb Bheem Rao Ambedkar as messiah of dailts only but as icon of all poor, downtrodden irrespective of caste and creed. Puting Dr Ambedkar on the highest pedestal, he even compared him with the renowned Black leader Martin Luther King.
“He is a Vishwa Manav. He raised the voice of marginalized and it will be an insult to him if he confine him by remarking him as the messiah of dalits,” said Modi in his address at the foundation stone laying ceremony of Dr B R Ambedkar Memorial.
Read this also http: PM Modi’s emotional outburst was a political stunt: Mayawati
What else he said:
- Babasaheb was the voice of the marginalised.
- He is a Vishwa Manav.
- Only talking about him with respect to India is injustice to him.
- We should not confine Babasaheb to the messiah of Dalits.
- The way Sardar Patel worked for political unification, Baba Saheb Ambedkar worked for social unification.
- Few people know about the reason why Dr. Ambedkar had to resign from ministry? This part of history is either diverted or diluted.
- When issue of equal rights to women came up, Babasaheb was clear that if women don't get equal rights I cant be a part of the ministry.
- Baba Saheb was messiah of all labourers, he was the architect of foundation labour laws.
- Baba Saheb could never see anyone remain deprived/backward,not only Dalits but also women of Tata Birla families. Look at his vision.
- There is a bill on waterways in Parliament but let me tell you this vision is of Dr. Ambedkar's.He believed in India's maritime strength.
- If Baba Saheb had served in government for longer time, he could've done 60 years before what I did today.
- Nothing has ever happened to the reservation for Dalits, tribals, where we are in power but still this lies is spread to mislead.
- When Atal Bihari Vajpayee became PM, sections started saying reservation will go. He was PM for two terms but nothing happened.
- For Ambedkar, people from both upper and lower caste were same.
- He worked for the unity of our society.
- Babasaheb was the supporter of humanity even after he faced humiliation and injustice from the society.
- He made the sector for power 60 years ago but many villages are deprived from electricity.
- Do not appreciate me if electricity comes to your village after 60 as it was the vision of Ambedkar.
- 60 years have passed! I don't know how we can explain this, but we have had to wait for 60 years for this.
- Perhaps this was written in my fate. Perhaps I had blessings of Baba Saheb on me.
- I have got the opportunity to fulfil the dreams of Babasaheb and former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayi.