Last rites of Mudra Rakshasha to be performed with state honour
Lucknow: In a widely appreciated gesture, the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announced to give last rites of noted litterateur Mudra Rakshasha a state honour.
Mudra Rakshaha died on Monday at the age of 82 years.
He was ailing from the past few months.
About Mudra Rakshasa:
- He was born in 1931 in Behta near Lucknow.
- Graduated from Lucknow University and was then employed as Assistant Editor of Gyanodaya, published from Calcutta from 1955 to 1958.
- He had also edited of Anuvrata, a Calcutta based magazine 1959 and 1961.
- He worked as Editor, Scripts, at All India Radio from 1962 to 1976.
- His works of theatrical criticism includes Rang Bhumikayen and a book on Nemichandra Jain.
- He is also well known as a director, and has about thirty stage productions to his credit.