Kanwarias threaten ‘mass conversion’ against DJ ban
Moradabad: Nearly fifteen thousand Kanwarias on Sunday put the administration in a spot of bother threatening 'mass conversion' if the ban on the use of DJ ( disc jockey) during much-revered Kanwar Yatra is not lifted.
They met the district magistrate to push for their demand and gave administration 24-hour deadline to remove the ban which has been imposed by Uttar Pradesh government during Kanwar Yatra this year as part of precautionary measures to avoid communal disharmony.
They have gone to the extent appealing to UP Minister Mohd Azam Khan to help them in conversion while alleging the senior minister was behind the ban on DJ by the state government.
It is to be mentioned that the Akhilesh Yadav government took various security measures ahead of the Kanwar Yatra to avoid communal clashes, especially in the sensitive districts.
Kanwariyas threaten district authorities
- Protesting Kanwariyas accused the state government of prohibiting them from practicing religious programme
- Devotees said the only option left with them is to undergo ‘conversion’
- They blamed the senior cabinet minister Azam Khan for conspiring against the sentiments of Hindus
- Kanwariyas have appealed Urban Development Minister, Azam Khan to help them in converting to Islam
What the cabinet minister Sanjeev Balyan said?
- Balyan said that DJ is directly linked to music and religion
- He said that UP government had in past too tried to put a ban on DJ but remained unsuccessful
- BJP stands in support of thousands of Kanwariyas and will protest against decision of Akhilesh Yadav government