Jio announces 'Happy New Year' offer: Free services extended
Mumbai: The Reliance India Limited Chairman and Managaing Director Mukesh Ambani on Thursday announced 'Jio Happy New Year Offer' under which the services of Jio sim for existing and new customers would remain free till March 31, 2017.
While the facility for new users would start from December 4, 2016 the benefits would automatically be added to the account of existing users, Ambani said. The RIL Chirman said, "Starting December 4, 2016 every new Jio users would get full bouquet absolutely free till March 31, 2017 under 'Jio Happy New Year' offer."
He further stated, "All existing users will continue to enjoy unlimited offer till December 31 and will automatically be upgraded to Jio New Year offer." "We are a customer obsessed group and believe in co-creating a user friendly network. Our employees work 24*7 to create such a network," Ambani said.
What else he said:
On RIL plans--
- We now fully supports mobile number portability and all customers can retain their existing no. when they migrate to Jio.
- In the first 3 months, Jio has grown faster than Facebook, WhatsApp or Skype.
- Jio Money wants to reach to 10 million merchants across the country in the coming months.
- Jio customer uses 25 times more data than an average Indian broadband user.
- Call drops rates have come down from 90 percent to 20 percent.
- The rate will further drop to acceptable limits.
- Have recently introduced home delivery of Jio SIM.
- Get a Jio SIM home-delivered and activated in 5 minutes through eKYC.
- This is being progressively launched across India through MyJio and will be available in top 100 cities by Dec 31.
Mukesh Ambani applauds PM Modi--
- I want to congratulate and applaud PM Modi on his bold decision to demonetise currency.
- I believe that common people will be the biggest beneficiaries of this change.
- By introducing Demonetisation our PM has given us a cashless optimal economy.
- Everybody has a digital ATM in hand now.
- Digitally-enabling transactions will boost economic growth, while bringing unprecedented transparency and accountability.
- With this historic step he has given strongest possible push to digitally enabled economy.
Chides other operators:
- Mukesh Ambani sought to point out non-cooperation of other operators.
- Says as many as 900 crore calls were not through on three biggest networks during last three months.
- Some operators are not allowing Jio calls on their networks.
Reliance Jio: free bonanza bubble bursts during free trial period