Jat fire reaches Western Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar/Bagpat: After having engulfed almost the entire Haryana , the heat of Jat reservation agitation has reached the adjacent districts of western Uttar Pradesh, called as 'mini Jatland'.
Expressing solidarity with the Haryana agitation, the Jats in many western UP districts like Muzaffarnagar and Baghpat on Saturday resorted to protests and much to the discomfiture of the state government, the Mahapanchayat of sarvakhap Chaudhary has announced a sustained agitation from tomorrow starting from 'Western UP Band ' from 1100 hrs to 1300 hours on Sunday.
Protest in Baghpat:
- The Delhi-Yamunotri highway was blocked for several hours.
- Demonstrators raised slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Several vehicles were left stranded for hours in the jam.
- An effigy of the Central government was burnt by the agitators.
- Sub District Magistrate and Police rushed to the spot but failed to open the blockade.
- A train plying between Delhi-Haridwar was also stopped by them at the Kasimpur railway station under Ramala police station of Baghpat district.
- A Mahapanchayat was called in Sauram village on Saturdayby Sarvakhap Chaudhary.
- A decision to close western Uttar Pradesh on Sunday was taken.
- Jats are in favour of the agitation in Haryana.
- Markets will be closed from 1100 hours to 1300 hours, said spokesperson of Bharatiya Kisan Union, Naresh Tikait.
- Khap Chaudhary will meet Home Minister Rajnath Singh at around 2000 hours on Saturday.
- They will request him to stop the repressive action being taken against the agitators in Haryana.