Japanese consultancy washes hands off from Namami Gange project
Varanasi: As a big jolt to dream project of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s dream project—Namami Gange, the Japanese consultancy, NGS consultants has washed its hand off from the project.
It is being said that Indian government did not extend the contract. The parliamentary constituency of PM in Varanasi also had a component of this ambitious project.
What sources said?
- Indian government did not act on the suggestions given by the consultancy.
- It’s contract was also not extended further.
- Namami Gange is a project launched by BJP-led NDA government at the Centre to clean holy river of Ganga .
- Several agencies of Japan were to work on this project but nothing happened.
- The second stage of Namami Gange was to end in July 2015.
- A sewage treatment plant of 140 MLD was also to be established under this.